[pptp-server] nt client routing tables

Cowles, Steve Steve at SteveCowles.com
Fri Mar 9 16:40:21 CST 2001

Sounds like you need to un-check the "Use default gateway on remote network"
option in your Windows PPTP dialup profile settings. By doing so, Windows
will only add the LAN route (192.168.1.0/24 via the tunnel) instead of
adding both the LAN route and a new default route (with a metric of 1),
which then bumps the previous default route to a metric of 2 until the
tunnel is torn down.

Steve Cowles