[pptp-server] Linux 2.4.x Problems with pptpd

Christopher Tresco ctresco at mit.edu
Sat Mar 10 18:53:34 CST 2001

I was right

Do this:

mknod /dev/ppp c 108 0
chmod 600 /dev/ppp

^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^

Christopher Tresco
Head Systems Administrator
MIT Dept of Economics
ctresco at mit.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: pptp-server-admin at lists.schulte.org
[mailto:pptp-server-admin at lists.schulte.org]On Behalf Of Benjamin J.
Judson
Sent: Saturday, March 10, 2001 5:56 PM
To: pptp-server at lists.schulte.org
Subject: [pptp-server] Linux 2.4.x Problems with pptpd

Hi there,

Im having a problem with poptop 1.1.2 and ppp-2.4.0.

I was previously running pptpd under 2.2.x and I didnt have any problems,
but once I upgraded to linux 2.4.x I started getting error messages
indicating that ppp support hasnt been compiled into the kernel.

It is however, and I have also said yes to async, and sync ppp support.

I am wondering if one of the new options in 2.4.x might be causing the
problems. I have also said yes to GRE, and other tunneling support. Is
anyone else having problems like this? Or can you point me to some
documentation that I be able to use to fix this problem?

Benjamin J. Judson
Systems Manager
The Brandon Sun

pptp-server maillist  -  pptp-server at lists.schulte.org