[pptp-server] Port Forwarding

Dread Boy dreadboy at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 22 00:42:19 CST 2001

On the topic of ipchains, I downloaded the document
http://www.monmouth.demon.co.uk/ipsubs/portfw-2.2.html which refers to
ipmasqadm port forwarding.

I downloaded the ipmasqadm RPM and installed it, but of course, my kernel
doesn't have port forwarding compiled in.  It did, however, have it compiled
in with the default RH 6.2 installation, but since I built a new kernel to
accomodate the MS-CHAP pptpd server, it does not have the module
ip_masq_portfw.o in the new /lib/modules/2.2.17 directory heirarchy.

When I use make menuconfig or make xconfig, I can't find anything that gives
me an option to enable port forwarding anywhere.

In the document noted above, it reads to:

   "include the following options:

    CONFIG_EXPERIMENTAL
    CONFIG_IP_MASQUERADE
    CONFIG_IP_MASQUERADE_IPPORTFW"

Where exactly do I include these?

Is there a configuration file under the enormous Linux kernel source tree
I'm to change by hand?

Also, how does one force a module to permanently stay after rebooting?  I
use insmod to pop it into a list somewhere, it's in modules.conf, how come
it won't stay?  Do I need to use modprobe instead?

My apologies for the lack of knowledge here.

Thx.  Dreadly.  =)