[pptp-server] kernel not compiling

Siddharth siddharth at egujarat.net
Thu Mar 22 20:21:31 CST 2001

i managed to do it...i commented out the line 2563 in ppp.c and it
works. But when i sniff, i can still see all packets in plain text
even though the log says MPPE 40, stateless compression. Is there a
problem or is pptp never encrypted?

I've ticked the "Require Data Encryption" in my winx client.

siddharth
sysad ecomm

>-------- ORIGINAL MESSAGE BELOW --------
>I had the same error messages and was never really able to resolve them.  I
>finally went the the 2.4.x kernels and didn't have any problems.
>(Instructions are at
>http://home.swbell.net/berzerke/2.4_Kernel_PPTPD-HOWTO.txt)
>
>On Thursday 22 March 2001 02:22, Siddharth wrote:
>> Hello everyone,
>>
>> My problem may be something already solved but here goes...
>> when i compile the 2.2.14 kernel source after patchng pp-2.3.11 and
>> doing a make kernel in its directory, i get the following errors and
>> the ppp.c etc files do not compile.
>>
>> ppp.c:188: warning: static declaration for
>> `ppp_register_compressor_R9682e733' follows non-static
>> ppp.c:189: warning: static declaration for
>> `ppp_unregister_compressor_Ra1b928df' follows non-static
>> ppp.c: In function `rcv_proto_unknown':
>> ppp.c:2563: too few arguments to function `kill_fasync_R5e73d35d'
>> make[1]: *** [ppp.o] Error 1
>> make: *** [_mod_drivers/net] Error 2
>>
>> and no .o files are added to /lib/modules/2.2.14.5/net
>>

>> siddharth
>> sysad ecomm

-->> FREE Perl CGI scripts add WEB ACCESS to your
-->> POP E-Mail accounts! Download today!! http://www.adjeweb.com