[pptp-server] pptp setup question

JOE RLDITTO at BRIGHT.NET
Tue May 8 08:05:07 CDT 2001

hello,

I have a client that decided to open up an office in another city.

The Setup:

office 1:  local server is just running peer to peer networking with win98.  The office has a wireless internet in our building which we share with other businesses the local isp (across the street) is offering this and they installed a linux box which every business in the building uses.  we then have a third party win98 proxy server (sygate).

office 2: one person running win98 and is the only one that needs to get to the local server at office 1.

solution:

install a linux server to replace the win98 proxy server install poptop on the new server.  Get isp to let traffic flow to my linux box through the appropriate ports on their linux box(ip forwarding on their end?).

problem:

I'm really new to this and am trying to broaden my horizons.

Is this it? What else do I have to worry about.  Also, some of the setup guides talk about ip masqarading do i really need to worry about that with the current setup?  or ipsec.  what about samba do i need to install this to allow my client to access the win98 server at our office 1 and create a disk share to that server?

anybody that can help would be greatly appreciated.