[pptp-server] NAT'ing problem

Jerry Vonau jvonau at home.com
Wed May 9 05:14:07 CDT 2001

Chris:

I think this may apply  to your situation,

taken from :

http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/docs/HOWTO/VPN-Masquerade-HOWTO

section 2.7:

  The PPTP RFC specifies in section 3.1.3 that there may only be one
  control channel connection between two systems. This should mean that
  you can only masquerade one PPTP session at a time with a given remote
  server, but in practice the MS implementation of PPTP does not enforce
  this, at least not as of NT 4.0 Service Pack 4. If the PPTP server
  you're trying to connect to only permits one connection at a time,
  it's following the protocol rules properly.  Note that this does not
  affect a masqueraded server, only multiple masqueraded clients
  attempting to contact the same remote server.

Hope it helps..

Jerry Vonau