[pptp-server] Windows sends "\\" in the login - chap-secrets

Jose de Paula E. Junior jpej at geo-rede.com.br
Tue May 15 07:57:14 CDT 2001

Hello there..

I'm using poptop in my ISP, and I have 120 clients using the system
right now. Poptop is doing fine the job.

But, sometimes, the windows clients start to send a \\ before the login,
and the client can't connect (no MSCHAP found for authenticating
\\client...)

Somebody see this happening? Solutions?

And about chap-secrets, the pppd can only authenticate using this file?
It's really hard to make programs that manipulate the chap-secrets, and
my clients want to change passwords and things like this via a web
interface or something like that...

Thanks

Junior
Geo-rede Wireless Internet