[pptp-server] SuSE 7.0 and a Mixed Network

Don Polak dpolak at wetautomotive.com
Tue May 15 09:47:40 CDT 2001

Hello,

I am working on implementing PPTP at home and at the office. I have a couple
of twists involved in this that I need your help on.

First has anyone tried out the PPTP on SuSE? I have almost all the versions,
but the newest is 7.0, and BTW I have the international version with 128bit
encryption.

Second my home location does not have a Windows Server, but an OS/2 Warp
Server. Version 5 advanced to be exact. The office has an OS/2 Warp Server
v4 SMP Advanced as the File & Print server, and a Windows NT Exchange
Server.

The users and their passwords are uniform across the platforms between NT
and OS/2, and I want the users to access the files on the OS/2 server as if
they were on the network, hence the VPN.

Is there anyone that could help me on this matter? Is it possible to do
this?

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Donald Polak
Senior Technical Analyst - Infrastructure
W.E.T. Automotive Systems Ltd.
9475 Twin Oaks Drive
Windsor, Ontario, N8N5B8
1-519-735-1818 x271