[pptp-server] Common Routing problem, still can't get it working though....

Mark Pearson markp at nonlinear.com
Mon May 21 03:49:36 CDT 2001

Hello,

I know this has been a common question in one flavour or another, but I am
having some major problems getting poptop running properly.   I am trying to
run poptop on a SUSE7.0 machine which has a single NIC, but has an external
ip address tunneled through our NAT/Firewall solution.

The Problem:

I can connect to the VPN across the internet and am given an ip address. I
can watch the packets flow into the vpn server as I ping an internal
address, but nothing flows back out.  I presume that this is a routing
issue, and that I have not got ipchains to set to route the correct packets
from eth0 to ppp0 and vice versa. Could anybody explain exactly how I should
approach this?  I am somewhat a newbie to routing and vpn, so any help would
be appreciated!

Cheers...

Mark