[pptp-server] Routing, I think...

Kevin Anderson kevinanderson at myrealbox.com
Mon May 28 10:14:37 CDT 2001

In /etc/pptpd.conf  Everything is default except for

localip 10.129.205.252
remoteip 192.168.1.100-200

I tried using the remote IP using the same subnet as the local, but it
didn't help.  Plus, it just feels wrong.

In /etc/ppp/options.pptp I have...

lock
debug
auth
+chap
proxyarp
idle 120

I'm not too sure what I need here.  For now, I just want it all to work.
I'll deal with encryption after the fact.  (one problem at a time...)

My kernel is forwarding IP packets.
I don't think IPTables is the source of the problem.  I flushed all the
tables and tried Poptop without loading any tables.  No filtering
whatsoever.  This eliminates IPTables as a problem source...

Thanks.
Kev.