[pptp-server] tar zxvf pptpd-1.0.1.tar.gz not working - HELP

James D Green c96jg at yahoo.com
Thu May 31 08:14:55 CDT 2001

Hi,

Sorry about this I'm quite new to linux, this is the
first time I've tryed to uncompress a file.

I have just downloaded the pptpd-1.0.1.tar.gz, I then
used the command

>tar zxvf pptpd-1.0.1.tar.gz

as stated in the how to
(http://home.swbell.net/berzerke/2.4_Kernel_PPTPD-HOWTO.txt)
and this is what happens.

Waterfall:/usr/local/src # tar zxvf pptpd-1.0.1.tar.gz

gzip: stdin: not in gzip format
tar: Child returned status 1
Waterfall:/usr/local/src #

I have no idea what to do, I'm doing what it says in
the how to but it dosn't work.

Thanks to anyone that can/will help.

Jim

PS. If it helps I'm using Suse7.1 with the 2.4 kernel.

=====