[pptp-server] Windows XP and ACCMs possible problem.

Dougal Holmes dholmes at bigpond.net.au
Mon Nov 5 15:30:34 CST 2001

Chris

I did have a similar problem with a Win2000 client which insisted on trying
to negotiate ipsec as well as PPTP. The result was that it appeared to
connect, but there was no data flow.

To fix this, I specifically disabled ipsec in the dialup connectoid, and
enabled pptp and high encryption (128 bit) only.

Then we used the CMAK to setup a custom connectiod, and tweaked the .inf
settings to ensure Windows _never_ tried to negotiate ipsec.

Dougal Holmes (at home)
mailto:dholmes at bigpond.net.au