[pptp-server] Poptop Behind an OfficeConnect Lan ISDN Lan Modem

Shawn Hughes shughes at arn.net
Wed Nov 14 09:52:43 CST 2001

I have installed poptop and I'm getting connected over the lan and over a dialup connection with the Linux running poptop.  The problem I'm having is when I connect the Linux through eth0 to the Lan Modem thats connected to the internet.

Linux---192.168.4.10--->Lan Modem---192.168.4.1--->****Internet*****

Then I try to connect over the internet using the VPN on a win98SE computer.  It will say "Verifying username and password..." then I get the error 650.  While the win98 computer is trying I typed the following command on the Linux running poptop.

        netstat --inet -a -n -p | grep 1723

The response is:

tcp    0    0    192.168.4.10:1723    209.40.144.225:1190    ESTABLISHED

Then when I get the error 650 on the win98, the Linux no longer shows established.