[pptp-server] pptp client

Michael Hayes mickh at kincrome.com.au
Sun Nov 25 16:49:26 CST 2001

G'day

I'm trying to set up the pptp client for linux on a redhat 7.2 machine with
kernel 2.4.9.
I have patched and compiled pppd with the mppe patch.  Whenever I try to
connect it gets as far as "LCP: timeout sending Config-Requests" then dies.
I can't seem to find any docs taking about the client setup with 2.4.x
series kernels, do I also have to apply any kernel patches ?

I have verfied that it is not a firewall issue, the same machine will work
fine with the same pptpd dual booting in win2k.

Thanks for any advice.
Michael Hayes
System Administrator
The Kincrome Group