[pptp-server] pptpd speed

ACEAlex alex at saers.com
Wed Nov 28 08:03:57 CST 2001

Hello

Yes finaly i got my vpn tunel up. Wow, great. After having tested it around
for a while i came up with some thoughts that you might have the answear to.

Ok, here i go.

1. My "server" box that runs pptpd is on adsl. When downloading directly
from the box with for example ssh i get 50kb/s,, when i go through the pptp
i only get 20-30 kb/s, is this ok? Or do i need to set up the speed
parameter with something. I dont want to limmit the speed. Just make sure it
uses everything it got.

2. Now there are several patches that needs to be applied to both the kernel
and pppd. Are there any plans on trying to merge them with the real kernel
source so that you get them all the time. I mean now when they start on 2.5
would be a great idee to try to get the microsoft encrytion included :).
Same with ppp, wouldnt it be nice to have it included in pppd 2.4.2.

3. Wouldnt it be nice to bring the webpage up to date. There seams to be
alot of people knowing over 1000 times more than what you can read on the
webpage.

Ok i think thats enough for now. C ya l8er

/Alexander