[pptp-server] auto-login mount

Jason Staudenmayer jasons at NJAQUARIUM.ORG
Thu Nov 29 10:23:07 CST 2001

I though of using the automounter but It would hold open a connection to
novell server
and we (my employer) limit the number of concurrent logins to Novell.
I'm looking for someway of mounting after a pptp connection is made without
user
intervention.

-----Original Message-----
From: Allan Clark [mailto:allanc at caldera.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 29, 2001 11:18 AM
To: Jason Staudenmayer
Cc: 'pptp-server at lists.schulte.org'
Subject: Re: [pptp-server] auto-login mount

Jason;

Did you consider using the standard automounter?

I'm more a Unix than Linux guy, so I'm not sure the capabilities of the
linux automounter, but the Unix one would allow home directories with
/home/atlas/jfranklin (ie /home is the mount, "atlas" is one of many
"servers" for mounting, and "jfranklin" is a username) result in an
automount of atlas, and a softlink of the home directory.

I'm going from memory here, since I've only got OpenServers up at the
time (which have a different automounter).  Does htis seem like
something to play with?

If the user is using a Windows client, Samba can handle the mounts with
pre/post commands; I was using this to make a mount of //host/CDROM do a
"mount -t iso9660 ..." and a umount as required.

Allan