[pptp-server] auto-login mount

Jason Staudenmayer jasons at NJAQUARIUM.ORG
Thu Nov 29 13:53:23 CST 2001

it looks like the automounter doesn't know how to mount NCPFS.
It's not a problem with the kernel (as far as I know I can
mount with ncpmount and mount -t ncpfs). So any more ideas or
has somebody done this?

-----Original Message-----
From: Charlie Brady [mailto:charlieb at e-smith.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 29, 2001 11:27 AM
To: Jason Staudenmayer
Cc: 'pptp-server at lists.schulte.org'
Subject: RE: [pptp-server] auto-login mount

On Thu, 29 Nov 2001, Jason Staudenmayer wrote:

> I though of using the automounter but It would hold open a connection
> to novell server and we (my employer) limit the number of concurrent
> logins to Novell. I'm looking for someway of mounting after a pptp
> connection is made without user intervention.

The whole idea of the automounter is that it should not hold open
connections which aren't beng used. Looks like you need to do some tuning
on your automounter configuration.

Charlie Brady                         charlieb at e-smith.com
Lead Product Developer
Network Server Solutions Group        http://www.e-smith.com/
Mitel Networks Corporation            http://www.mitel.com/
Phone: +1 (613) 368 4376 or 564 8000  Fax: +1 (613) 564 7739