[pptp-server] Data Encryption

Sean sean at cyberfarer.com
Fri Nov 30 13:00:49 CST 2001

I have the patches for MS-CHAP and MS-CHAPV2 installed.

When I set up the client and select password authentication and connect, details show I am using MS-CHAPV2.
However, when I select data encryption I get the following error: "The computer you're dialing in to does not support the data encryption requirements specified. Please check your encryption settings in the properties of the connection.  If this problem persists, contact your network"

My modules.conf is as follows:

alias ppp-compress-18 mppe
alias ppp-compress-21 bsd_comp
alias ppp-compress-24 ppp_deflate
alias ppp-compress-26 ppp_deflate
alias char-major-108  ppp

My options.vpn is as follows:

debug
name Server
auth
require-chap
proxyarp
+chap
+chapms
+chapms-v2
mppe-40
mppe-128
mppe-stateless

Should I be able to select data encryption within the Win client?

Without it, as far as I can see, data is not encrypted.

Thanks.