[pptp-server] Some questions

Vivek S vivek_s7 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 4 06:28:31 CDT 2001

Hi,
I am new to this list and have a few questions about
poptop pptp server for Linux. Also I am very new to
PPTP.

1. How many maximum concurrent pptp sessions can
poptop pptp server can support ?

2.What are the hardware requirements ?

I am planning to implement this in my office where the
number of users can be around 500.

Also I need the pptp server to authenticate users from
a RADIUS server ? Does poptop support radius
authentication and if yes is there any docs for
configuring the same somewhere ?

Also how will a well configured linux box with poptop
compare to legacy VPN boxes like Intel Shiva VPN or
Cisco VPN concentrator for only pptp services ?

Thanks in advance

Vivek