[pptp-server] pptpd questions/info newbie...

Steve Langasek vorlon at netexpress.net
Sun Oct 7 13:49:06 CDT 2001

Hello Dean,

On Sun, 7 Oct 2001, Dean A. Roman wrote:

> > > 2) Does the basic package found in woody WITHOUT any patches support any
> > > kind of encryption mechanism?

> > Nope, but if you trust me not to do anything nasty, I can send you a .deb
> > with mppe and smb-stripdomain patches.

> Any luck finding those patches for ppp w/ mppe for woody you were going to
> send?

I'm not the original poster, but I've just yesterday finished patching the
Debian/woody ppp package to include mppe support (no smb-stripdomain yet).  I
can make this package available for download, but I'd first like to check w/
Michael Beattie about getting it included in the next official package
release.  Does anyone know of reasons why this mppe patch should not be
included in the upstream releases as well (e.g., crypto laws or patent
concerns)?

Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer