[pptp-server] pptpd with SuSE 7.2 - Error from the W2k client: 732

Sat Oct 13 05:26:08 CDT 2001

hey there,
who can help me?
i am trying since weeks now to get pptp running. i am using eth1 with a
registered ip to the internet and eth0 for my local network.
i am sure i implemented all the features in the right way, because if i
connect with w2k over the internal net - eth0 - to the pptp server -
everything goes fine an very fast.
by the moment i disconnect this w2k client from the local network and i am
trying to get a tunnel working over the internet to eth1 - the clients in
one case hangs at 'verifying userid & pw' or it tells me the error code 732.

Additional information: i am using the firewall feature but turned
protect_from_external="no"

what am I doing wrong? who can help me!

please email to me directly!
harry

my configuration looks like this:

my option-file:
+chap
+chapms-v2
mppe-40
mppe-128
mppe-stateless
mtu 1490
mru 1490
ipcp-accept-local
ipcp-accept-remote
#deflate 0
nodeflate
nobsdcomp

my chap-secret-file:
# client        server          secret          IP addresses
hknapp          poptop          test            *

my pptpd.conf-file:
speed 115200
option /etc/ppp/options
debug