[pptp-server] Setting up PoPToP behind masq firewall

Charlie Brady charlieb at e-smith.com
Sat Oct 13 15:14:54 CDT 2001

On Sat, 13 Oct 2001, John P wrote:

> > Some of the latter Redhat kernels already contained the VPN MASQ Patches. To
> > verify - see if you have module ip_masq_pptp.o
>
> No, I don't have it. I thought that anything that could be compiled into the
> kernel could also be loaded as a module? If so, can I get a copy of
> ip_masq_pptp.o from somewhere and just install it? I am a bit reluctant to
> recompile the kernel, because I haven't done it before.

The masquerading patch wasn't included in the original RH 7.0 kernel, but
is included in the 2.2.19-7.0.8 update kernel. Grab the update RPM from
your nearest RedHat mirror site, and follow the kernel upgrade
instructions from RedHat's web site.

Charlie Brady                         charlieb at e-smith.com
Lead Product Developer
Network Server Solutions Group        http://www.e-smith.com/
Mitel Networks Corporation            http://www.mitel.com/
Phone: +1 (613) 368 4376 or 564 8000  Fax: +1 (613) 564 7739