[pptp-server] Strange problem ...

Jordan Share iso9 at phantasticant.com
Thu Oct 18 18:01:06 CDT 2001

This boggles my mind.  I can't believe this is the first time I've even heard of it.  I've already rolled this out on our LAN (thought it would save us from buying a win2k server box).  I wasn't fully able to reproduce the behaviour you describe, but there was definite weirdness when I tried connecting two boxes.  They would alternately drop off the network (it's a little hard to tell what's going on, since I only have a flat LAN to play with here at work, and all the machines are on the same network.

Still, I was able to connect 2 at the same time, albeit with intermittant failures (I had a continuous ping running on each machine the whole time).

As I understood your message, you were saying that the second client would not be able to send/recieve data when it connected?  I was able to successfully connect the second client, and ping its (new) address from another machine.  Does this jibe with your experience?

Jordan