[pptp-server] frequent ppp disconnects

Jordan Share iso9 at phantasticant.com
Thu Oct 25 12:29:25 CDT 2001

It looks like you are having problems with latency/packets dropping.

I have a user who is all but unable to use PPTP to tunnel into our LAN because he is using Starband for his internet access.  The combination of latency and packet loss seems to really screw up his connection.  Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Anyway, the best thing I could think of to do is increase the time between echo packets, and the number of echo packets that have to fail before it drops the connection by putting this into my ppp/options file:

lcp-echo-failure 10
lcp-echo-interval 5