[pptp-server] Sanity Check -- NAT + VPN

Jordan Share iso9 at phantasticant.com
Thu Sep 6 14:07:53 CDT 2001

Why not use FreeS/WAN ?  http://www.freeswan.org/

It's the IPSec software for linux.  I found it to be relatively straightforward to set up, and there is a lot of assistance available on the mailing list.

I'm using PPTP for win2k clients to VPN into our LAN, and IPSec to connect my home LAN with the office LAN, as well as connect the Office LAN to our colocated LANs.

Everything works flawlessly (although I did have some problems at the beginning with MTU size. :)

Jordan