[pptp-server] First Contact!

Douglas Long dlong at hrcn.com
Mon Sep 10 16:06:41 CDT 2001

After weeks of study and tweaking, I finally made first VPN contact.

But,,,,, I still have a few problems

On first contact the server could not connect with encryption. message
as follows:

modprobe: Can't locate module ppp-compress-18
PPP Deflate Compression module registered

Second,,  I disabled encrytion and was able to make connection and see
computers on the network.  But, that's all.  All the windows computers
show up, but when I click on one, it says they are not available.

The Samba server, which the pptpd server is on, I click on, it brings up
a password box, but I was not able to give it a password that it would
accept.

Any help will be greatly appreciated..

P.S. I am using the IPtables config file from berzerke

Doug Long