[pptp-server] Routing problem

Cristian Gabor khrys at transart.ro
Mon Sep 17 05:23:23 CDT 2001

Hi all,
I have a problem using pptp.
Here is the description: i have one pptp server(pptpd) and two
clients(pptp). My problem is that when the connection to one of the clients
is lost (or worse both) the routes on the server are deleted and when the
connection is back online the routes are not created as they should be.
The server has 192.168.109.1 for the ppp interface and it accepts 2 clients
on 192.168.109.2-3, and i have a route to 192.168.110.0/24 on one ppp and to
192.168.104.0/24 on the other second ppp interface. The routes are assigned
from /etc/ppp/ip-up.local when they get up. After one of the ppp interfaces
goes down and then up again the routes go crazy, meaning that the routes are
interchanged between the ppp interfaces.
My question is how can i bypass this problem ( i have in mind of having more
clients soon, so it will be harder for me to route manually), and maybe i
alredy know the answer: is there a way to force one client to use one
specifix ppp interface (for example ppp1 for one connection, even if ppp0 is
available) so i can route automatically using interfaces?

Thanks