[pptp-server] Problems with dns, and pppd

Wed Sep 19 15:16:17 CDT 2001

Hellow guys,

I have some questions:

1 - In my options file I put the line "ms-dns ip.address", when I connect on
my vpn server under Dial up connection, I get the dns , but not in PRIMARY
DNS. My primary and secondary dns my provider give-me when i make a dial up
connection. Well, when I try to resolv any name in my vpn connection, it
consults the PRIMARY dns and can't resolv my internal lan ips. What I can do
to use the vpn options dns in my PRIMARY Dns??

2- When I have a lot of users disconnecting at some time, my machine crashes.
If I do a "killall -9 ppp" when I have 5 or more users connected, my machine
crashes. I using pptp 1.0.1 stable version with kernel 2.4.4 and ppp 2.4.1
with mppe patch. Anybody help me??

3- When I connect in my vpn server, I need to "Logon on Network" to see
machines on internal network?

Thankz a lot guys,
And sorry for my poor English.