[pptp-server] pptp tunnel is not used for internet services

HaiDang haidang79 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 19 15:11:43 CDT 2001

Maybe I need to clarify it more.
The firewall is on the Linux box, which also runs as
VPN server. The firewall only allows packets within
the subnet to the Linux server (let say - 0 to 31).
The IP pool consists of only 3 IPs: 29, 30, and 31).
When I establish VPN, I get assigned 29. But when I
use the mail server on the same Linux box, and check
the log files, my Wins98 uses its original IP to send
packets to the Linux, and thus is denied by the
firewall rules. The tunnel is just between my Wins98
and the Linux server, nothing else's involved.

And if I used firewall-config to configure the
firewall, how should I add those rules in ??

Thank you,