[pptp-server] How to access the subnet?

zhang.yb ybzhg at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 20 20:13:50 CDT 2001

I have a pptp server running in linux set up on my office LAN.

  Red Hat 6.2
  Kernel rpm RedHat 2.2.19-6.2.7
  Server pptpd PoPToP v1.0.1

I can connect to the server and ping to it fine, but I can't ping any
other hosts on the office subnet.  I have ip-forwarding turned on and
I have proxyarp set in the ppp/options file.  What can be wrong?

-- cut from /etc/pptpd.conf --
localip 192.168.5.120
remoteip 192.168.5.100-119
-- end of cut --

--cut from /etc/ppp/options--
name vip
noauth
#require-chap
proxyarp
--end of cut--

--cut from /etc/ppp/chap-secrets--
vip * vip    *
-- end of cut--

                                  192.168.0.254   192.168.0.16
|        |                            | srvr |      |      |
    H                                   H
    H                                   H
    H                                   H
192.168.5.100     pptp connection     192.168.5.120