[pptp-server] Updated documentation/FAQ's?

Michael C. Mitchell admin at coldtech.com
Thu Sep 27 15:13:20 CDT 2001

-----Original Message-----
From: Charlie Brady [mailto:charlieb at e-smith.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 27, 2001 11:55 AM
To: Gill, Vern
Cc: Michael C. Mitchell; 'pptp-server at lists.schulte.org'
Subject: RE: [pptp-server] Updated documentation/FAQ's?

On Wed, 26 Sep 2001, Gill, Vern wrote:

> You can get all the patches for kernel/ppp-2.4.x at
> http://linus.dns2go.com and click the PPP link

That doesn't seem to be true. I get a connection refused error. That would
seem to apply that your dns2go is not up to date, or you are not running a
web server, or your ISP is blocking port 80.

Worked for me and I downloaded the patch.

I have managed to patch ppp and when attempting to connect
from a remote linux box using pptp I receive the following errors from
pptpd:

EOF or bad error reading ctrl packet length.
Couldn't read packet header(exit)

I shut iptables down completely to ensure it wasn't a firewall issue, I
don't
quite understand yet whats going on.  I suppose I will have to dig into it
further on Monday.