RES: [pptp-server] MPPC support in PPTD

David Moylan djm at wiz.net.au
Sun Sep 30 00:01:58 CDT 2001

why would you want to implement MPPC over a compressed link anyway?

i mean, chances are you are remotely connecting via
(a) a dialup modem or (b) a dialup ISDN/ADSL link or similar

both these mediums will be compressing anyhow. and won't you have
something like VJ or COMPRESS with ppp?

double compression brings down the performance and creates more
traffic.

cheers, Wiz!!