[pptp-server] mirror.binarix.com replacement?

Michael Bailey mbailey at netspace.net.au
Tue Apr 2 00:59:40 CST 2002

Hi,

I'm trying to setup pptpd with encryption support. I was wondering if
there was somewhere else
to download the latest kernel patch for mppe as mirror.binarix.com
appears to have left the DNS.

I applied linux-2.4.4-openssl-0.9.6a-mppe.patch to 2.4.18 kernel only to
find ppp_mppe.o was
not installed when I ran 'make modules_install'. I manually copied it
across from the src tree
but 'insmod ppp_mppe' gave the following error:

    'couldn't find the kernel version the module was compiled for'

Can anyone offer any advice? I've read the howto on sourceforge and also
scoured the list archives.
There appears to be more than one way to do this. The annoying thing is
that SuSE 7.3 does it out
of the box but I need to build it for a custom setup.

thanks,

Mike