[pptp-server] domain validation problem

Matt Gavin mattgav at tempo.com.au
Mon Apr 8 21:33:05 CDT 2002

What does the log say?

-----Original Message-----
From: pptp-server-admin at lists.schulte.org
[mailto:pptp-server-admin at lists.schulte.org]On Behalf Of Lonnie
Cumberland
Sent: Tuesday, 9 April 2002 12:11 PM
To: pptp-server at lists.schulte.org
Subject: [pptp-server] domain validation problem

Hello All,

I recently had been able to get the pptp running on my linux box
along with my Samba server.

During my configuration challenges, I was able to create a
user "lonnie" that I could connect with from another machine outside
the LAN.

My problem is I cannot seem to remember what I did for that test user?

what I mean is that now I have created an new user "test2" and
can "Map a network drive" from my windows box using samba, but cannot
authenticate using pptp from outside.

I get a message "Verifying user name and password" then:

Error 691:Access was denied because username and/or password was
invalid on the domain"

does anyone have any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks,
Lonnie

--
 Lonnie Cumberland
 OutStep Technologies Incorporated
      : Lonnie_Cumberland at yahoo.com

 The Basis Express Virtual Office
               &
 Data Backup and Recovery Services

"The Virtual Office without boundaries!!!"

pptp-server maillist  -  pptp-server at lists.schulte.org