[pptp-server] strange problem!

R. de Vroede r.devroede at linvision.com
Fri Apr 12 04:03:24 CDT 2002

module block-major-3 is ide-probe and therefore has nothing to do with
your problem. You have to look somewhere else.

*Check your firewall for accepting both port 1723 and protocol 47.
*Check your configfiles:
  /etc/ppp/options.pptp
  /etc/pptpd.conf
  /etc/modules.conf
*Have you applied all patches?
  1 kernel patch (mppe)
  2 ppp patches (mppe & chapms-v2)

These pointers and the FAQs should help you to solve it.

Good luck!
Richard

On Thu, 2002-04-11 at 21:20, Francesco wrote:
> Hello,
>
> i am very worried in this spring evening!
>
> My VPN between a two linux poptop server and pptp client has been working
> fine since 10 days until today, at 12.15 when it fail.
>
> I rebooted the two server and tried to connect from my windows pptp client
> connection: everything on the server side works find.
>
> I cannot say the same from the client side, where pptp client still does not
> connect!
>
> In the server i find this log:
>
> Apr 11 21:13:29 hub pptpd[1408]: GRE: read(fd=4,buffer=804d8a0,len=8196)
> from PTY failed: status = -1 error = Errore di input/
> output
> Apr 11 21:13:29 hub pptpd[1408]: CTRL: PTY read or GRE write failed
> (pty,gre)=(4,5)
> Apr 11 21:13:29 hub pptpd[1408]: CTRL: Client xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx control
> connection finished
> Apr 11 21:13:33 hub modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module block-major-3
>
> but also sometimes ago i found this message.
>
> Could you help me please?
>
> I am sure i won't sleep well tonight!
>
> Bye and thank you very much everything!
>
> Francesco

Richard de Vroede
(r.devroede at linvision.com)
Linvision BV         Provides Linux Solutions
Elektronicaweg 16D
2628 XG Delft
T: +31157502310      info at linvision.com
F: +31157502319      http://devel.linvision.com