[pptp-server] XP and pptp

Vu Pham vu at sivell.com
Thu Apr 18 22:08:11 CDT 2002

Hi all,

I use pptpd 1.0.2 and 1.1.2 with Linux for several months and they
pretty well with pptp clients using Windows 98, NT4, W2k.
Recently I have a problem with XP. The vpn connection is good. After
making the connection, I can telnet to the linux box as well as other
system in the remote vpn network, but this telnet connection hangs very
often.

This happens only with XP. I have the same problem ( telnet hangs ) with
two XP machines.

I 've tried different other clients  and with two different pptpd
servers and have no problem at all.

Does anyone meet this problem and any idea how to fix this ?

Thank you very much,

Vu