[pptp-server] performance tweaks

Charlie Brady charlieb at e-smith.com
Sun Feb 3 12:11:54 CST 2002

On Sun, 3 Feb 2002, Andrew Kohlsmith wrote:

> > > I have been able to oops the kernel with PoPToP 1.1.2. The oops seems
> > > to happen within pppd_ctrl but I will get you more information next
> > > time 'round.
>
> > That would be a kernel issue, not a PoPToP one (although PoPToP might
> > also have a problem).
>
> Yeah but remember to get MPPE there is a kernel patch.  I am wondering if it
> isn't in there.

MPPE is part of the kernel. So yes, it could be a problem with mppe. I
haven't seen any kernel oopsen with it, but I'm sure it's possible.

Charlie Brady                         charlieb at e-smith.com
Lead Product Developer
Network Server Solutions Group        http://www.e-smith.com/
Mitel Networks Corporation            http://www.mitel.com/
Phone: +1 (613) 368 4376 or 564 8000  Fax: +1 (613) 564 7739