[pptp-server] Debian

Steve Langasek vorlon at netexpress.net
Wed Feb 13 17:05:03 CST 2002

Hello Chad,

On Wed, Feb 13, 2002 at 03:53:45PM -0700, Butler, Chad wrote:
> I'm trying to get PoPToP running on Debian 2.2.17.  I can get Windows 2000
> to connect unencrypted, but I can't get the encryption working.  I've
> followed the instructions for the mppe patch for 2.2 kernels, but Debian
> seems to be a little different.  Has anyone had success setting this up with
> Debian?  If so, could you point me to the sources I need, or give me some
> pointers?

I haven't had any problems getting the MPPE kernel support to work under
Debian.  In fact, Debian ships a 'kernel-patch-mppe' package that has
worked quite well for me.

We're currently using this with a 2.4.16 kernel, but the package
description suggests that it's been tested successfully with Linux
2.2.19 as well.

Regards,
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer