[pptp-server] Thanks for the help

R. de Vroede r.devroede at linvision.com
Fri Feb 22 11:31:05 CST 2002

No problem.
ppp-compress-18 is the ppp_mppe module.
check your modules.conf for these entries:
alias ppp ppp_generic
alias char-major-108 off # This will be different for 2.3.x kernels
alias ppp-compress-18 ppp_mppe
alias ppp-compress-21 bsd_comp
alias ppp-compress-24 ppp_deflate
alias ppp-compress-26 ppp_deflate

which RPM's did you get?

Regards,
Richard de Vroede

> Thanks R. de Vroede. I downloaded the rpms for 7.0 kernel and I got it
> to connect with no problems. I need to enable chap encription now and I
> am also getting a can't locate module ppp-compress-18 in the
> /var/log/messages file. If anyone has a pointer to get this working and
> add the encryption I would appreciate the help. Thanks for all the help.
>
> K. Allan Wilson

Richard de Vroede
(r.devroede at linvision.com)
Linvision BV         Provides Linux Solutions
Elektronicaweg 16D
2628 XG Delft
T: +31157502310      info at linvision.com
F: +31157502319      http://devel.linvision.com