[pptp-server] newbie questions

Lonnie Cumberland lonnie at outstep.com
Mon Feb 25 15:21:47 CST 2002

Hello All,

I have recently installed the pptp 1.0.1 stable version on my Linux
server and am trying to connect my Windows 2000 client to it.

The basic goal is to be able to connect to my server with the VPN and
then use Samba which is already running. Actually I have a
masquerading firewall running right now with the Win2000 and Linux
Redhat 7.2 server with Samba running and I can make connections from
the client with no problems.

I will next be connecting to the server via pptp and then try and use
the Samba server. My final step will be to connect to my Samba server
from another machine that is not behind my firewall.

Right now, I am getting the message on my windows side of

"Disconnected: Error 619: the specified port is not connected"

does someone know what this means and how I can fix it?

All help would be greatly appreciated,
Lonnie

--
 Lonnie Cumberland
 OutStep Technologies Incorporated
      : Lonnie_Cumberland at yahoo.com

 The Basis Express Virtual Office
               &
 Data Backup and Recovery Services

"The Virtual Office without boundries!!!"