[pptp-server] Routing

Clint Fast cfast at alliedbuilding.com
Wed Jan 2 08:17:24 CST 2002

I use Netopia routers for pptp connections as well.

I ended up having to add a router to the netopia) that would state that
the remote network was available through the Remote PPTP tunnel.

In my case, is was like this:

 Netopia
10.16.x.x/24 <--PPTP--> 10.24.0.x/16 <-- router --> 192.168.0.0/16
network.

I added the route:

192.168.0.0/16 using gateway of 10.24.0.5 (the inside of the pptp
tunnel, you specficy this IP in the PPTP configuration in the Netopia
PPTP config).

Works great for me.

--Clint.