[pptp-server] speed

lists at earthling.2y.net lists at earthling.2y.net
Wed Jan 2 09:44:41 CST 2002

Yeah, it does, but smb is just a horrible protocol to move files, its
really that simple.  Its just downright slow on anything but a lan.  FTP &
NFS are much more efficent.  Thats how we move the bulk of our files
between our home/office file servers.

We only use smb when its just a few small files.