[pptp-server] pppd and radius

lists at earthling.2y.net lists at earthling.2y.net
Sun Jan 6 23:05:02 CST 2002

PPPd will support pam, all you have to do is edit the makefile.  *kicks
slow wireless link for give me a multi-second delay while typing this
email*  But, pam can only work with cleartext logins and passwords. there
is no way to efficently take the ntlm password hash, and convert it to
clear text password.  I don't know about any patches to support a current
pppd, but the authentication code in pppd has not changed much from 2.3 to
2.4, so an old patch may still apply.  One problem though, MS may have
written an ietf draft on how to do mschapv2 with radius, but it requires
diffrent authentication behaviour, and the radius server, i think, needs
to be an NT box.  My memory of that is a bit hazy.  *kicks 802.11b*

-Justin

--
Justin Kreger, MCP MCSE CCNA
jkreger at earthling.2y.net jwkreger at uncg.edu justin at wss.net