[pptp-server] maximum of connections...

Martynov Nikolay mar-kolya at mail.ru
Mon Jan 14 16:38:13 CST 2002

Hi, everybody.

  Can somebody tell me what is the maximum for connections to pptp server?
Does it depend on kernel version or server version?

  I read HOWTOs in pptpd distribution, but this quiestion is't clear there.
It says "So it seems that 2048 will be the limit, if you fix a few things
and with a minor kernel mod", but it doesn.t say what to fix... Above this
it says that 2.2.X kernels have limit of 100 ppp devices, so we can reach
2048 only on 2.4.X?

  And final questuion :)... How many connections have you practicly reached?

Thanks. Bye.