[pptp-server] pptp-server connected via adsl+pptp

R. de Vroede r.devroede at linvision.com
Wed Jul 3 09:35:41 CDT 2002

Wolfgang,

It is possible to use both pptpc and pptpd, but beware:
when pptpc starts, pptpd should not run. When pptpc stops, pptpd should
not run. I've experienced very nasty kernelpanics.
So the way to go is:
start pptpc
start pptpd
--regular operation of server--
stop pptpd
stop pptpc

Your problem with making a pptp-connection through a masquerading
gateway should disappear when you apply the pptp netfilter helper patch
to the gateway's kernel. see:
http://www.impsec.org/linux/masquerade/ip_masq_vpn.html
for more information.

Regards,
Richard de Vroede

> Hi,
>
> I've installed poptop, and it works fine with mppe and mschapv2 on a
> firewall-box connected to a dedicated line.
> Now the dedicated line should be replaced with a ADSL-link.
> To connect to the Modem, the box also needs to be a pptp-client.
>
> Is this possible?
>
> The box also acts as masquerading gateway to the internet, and I
> also have the problem, that it isn't possible to establish a
> pptp-connection from the LAN to a external pptp server.
>
> --
> +-------------------------------+        .--.
> |       Wolfgang Powisch        |       |o_o |
> |        powo at chello.at         |       |:_/ |
> | sysadmin @ ADCON Telemetry AG |     (|     | )
> |      w.powisch at adcon.at       |    /'\_   _/`\
Richard de Vroede
(r.devroede at linvision.com)
Linvision BV         Provides Linux Solutions
Elektronicaweg 16D
2628 XG Delft
T: +31157502310      info at linvision.com
F: +31157502319      http://devel.linvision.com