[pptp-server] HELP pptpd shat itself.

Andrew Lyon Administrator at josims.com
Wed Jul 10 02:40:43 CDT 2002

I also had this problem (messages.2:Jun 26 14:40:59 Gateway pptpd[3384]:
GRE: read(fd=5,buffer=804d940,len=8196) from PTY failed: status = -1 error =
Input/output error) when using the pppd rpm (ppp-mppe-2.4.1-4.i386.rpm) from
http://sourceforge.net/projects/poptop/, I went back to a pppd rpm I found
elsewhere (ppp-2.4.1-3mppe.i386.rpm) and it works ok again now, I notice the
latest pppd rpm on sourceforge page is now ppp-mppe-2.4.1-5.i386.rpm (notice
the -5) , perhaps that version fixes the problem? How did you fix it ?

Andy