[pptp-server] mschap-v2 auth against en-hashed secrets

Jim Bowen j.bowen at CYPROTEX.com
Mon Jun 17 05:33:45 CDT 2002

Well, I tried your RPM, but no luck :(

With chap-secrets containing the plain-text secret, it works perfectly.

With chap-secrets containing the hex string lifted from smbpasswd, I get a
segfault.

With chap-secrets containing &/etc/samba/smbpasswd, I get an authentication
fail message, but the access time stamp on /etc/samba/smbpasswd is not
updated, so it doesn't appear to be reading the file?

I've even tried moving the smbpasswd file to /etc/smbpasswd and opening up
the access rights to it (eep), but no change.

My options.pptpd file has

lock

## turn pppd syslog debugging on
debug

## change 'pptpd' to whatever you specify as your server name in
chap-secrets
name pptpd

auth
require-chap