[pptp-server] Authentication fails against password encrypted

Murali K. Vemuri muralivemuri at multitech.co.in
Mon Mar 4 21:35:24 CST 2002

well...
i have two quick check points here.

1.from the CHAP rfc (1994) ,
"chap needs that the password be in the plain text format."
" one way encryption algorithms like md5 cannot be used with chap"

2. use the option "chapms-strip-domain" in your /etc/ppp/options file.

cheers
murali

Fabio Oliveira wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I am using pptp w/ mppe and everything was running fine until I encrypt the
> password in the chap-secrets file via a cgi script, so now when I try
> connect I get the message user and/or password invalid in domain.
>
> Is there any issue to use encrypted password in the chap-secrets file?
> Anybody knows if it's possible or not....
>
> Thanks in advance for any help.
>
> Fabio

regards & thanks for your time,
Murali Krishna Vemuri
--All blue, I write with a Blue Pencil on a Blue Sky.