[pptp-server] module ppp-compress-18 error!

R. de Vroede r.devroede at linvision.com
Tue Mar 12 08:13:04 CST 2002

RedHat 7.2. That's nice, because now you can go to
http://devel.linvision.com and get the kernel-2.4.9-31mppe,
kernel-headers-2.4.9-31mppe, pppd-2.4.1-3mppe and pptpd-1.1.2-2 RPMS.
Just install them, the modules.conf file will be automagically adapted.
Tweak the configfile /etc/pptpd.conf and add some users to your
chap-secrets file either manually or with the vpnuser script and you're
ready to go.

Have fun!
Richard de Vroede

> I dont have these modules in my machine at all. please tell me how and where
> to obtain them. I am using Red Hat 7.2 with
> http://www.infohiiway.com/download/pptp/2.4.x/patches/ppp-2.4.1-MSCHAPv2-fix
> .patch.gz
>

> Thanks,
> Sagar, India
>

> > Have you added the following to your /etc/modules.conf file???
> >
> > alias char-major-108 ppp_generic
> > alias tty-ldisc-3 ppp_async
> > alias tty-ldisc-14 ppp_synctty
> > alias ppp-compress-18 ppp_mppe
> > alias ppp-compress-21 bsd_comp
> > alias ppp-compress-24 ppp_deflate
> > alias ppp-compress-26 ppp_deflate
> >
> > Does your linux kernel/ppp support mppe. i.e. Does the ppp_mppe.o module
> > exist?

Richard de Vroede
(r.devroede at linvision.com)
Linvision BV         Provides Linux Solutions
Elektronicaweg 16D
2628 XG Delft
T: +31157502310      info at linvision.com
F: +31157502319      http://devel.linvision.com