RES: [pptp-server] Is PoPToP dead?

Allan Clark allanc at caldera.com
Wed Mar 20 12:57:52 CST 2002

Actually, you may be joking, but look at ppp/ppp/auth.c:

> ----------------------------
> revision 1.75
> date: 2002/03/05 15:14:04;  author: dfs;  state: Exp;  lines: +21 -4
> Patch from Frank Cusack to add support for MSCHAPv2.
> Enhanced radiusclient to support INCLUDE lines in dictionary.
> ----------------------------
> revision 1.74
> date: 2002/03/01 14:39:18;  author: dfs;  state: Exp;  lines: +45 -17
> Large patch from Frank Cusack <fcusack at fcusack.com> to add proper
> support for MS-CHAP (client and server are now supported.)

So it seems that while they are ignoring us, they might actually be
putting MPPE into the main ppp release.  Default ./configure activates
#define CHAPMS which brings in similar, but not quite the same config
parameters.

...and while I'm here:

> Working file: pppd/auth.c
> head: 1.75
> branch:
> locks: strict
> access list:
> symbolic names:
>         RELEASE_2_3_7: 1.50
>         RELEASE_2_3_6: 1.44
>         PPP_NODEMAND: 1.20
>         RELEASE-2-2: 1.17
>         PPP_NEW_START: 1.15.0.2
>         ppp-2-1-2a: 1.6

Jeez, ppp-guys, how about keeping the symbolic names (tags) updated ?

Yeah, I know PPP guys won't be reading this, but I couldn't resist :)

Allan